Booking Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing to book with the Applegarth Villa & Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below. For our Winter 3 for 2 Offer Terms, please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
The price includes accommodation plus any board indicated. Unless clearly stated on your confirmation all extras such as additional meals, telephone drinks etc are additional. We accept the following forms of payment:
cash, debit cards, credit cards.
None of our rooms in the main building are pet friendly however we now have two pet friendly Garden Suites named Harrop and Potter which are part of our new development set in the grounds of Applegarth. We also have our Ultimate Luxury Room 1 which is part of the main building but has it's own private entrance. Guests are responsible for any damage caused to the suite by their pet and will be charged accordingly.
We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation of at least the same monetary value, however if this was not possible, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. Due to many differing circumstances no specific room can be guaranteed to be available on arrival.
Your room will be available from 3pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged.
Please be ready to leave your room by 10.30am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. Your bill for any extras or services taken during your stay is payable on departure. Late departure will result in an additional days tariff being charged.
Damages and Breakages:
Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £100 if you did not report this.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
We do not accept children at Applegarth Villa.
Christmas and New Year:
We offer various packages during this period which must be booked by telephone and not on-line. Please see our Special Breaks on our website for details of these packages.
A minimum of two nights stay is required. In certain circumstances it may be possible to accommodate a one night booking at the weekend. Please contact us before booking on-line to discuss your requirements.
A minimum of two nights require to be booked for our Valentines weekend.
Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit you may have paid is non-refundable.A deposit equivalent to your first night stay will be taken with the balance payable on your arrival. In order to combat cyber crime part payment will be taken for bookings made within 7 days of arrival and the balance must be paid by the guest on production of the original card on arrival otherwise your booking will not be honoured.
Cancellation and Insurance:
Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit you may have paid is non-refundable. A deposit equivalent to your first night stay will be taken with the balance being taken on your arrival. If you need to cancel please contact us immediately. For cancellations made 10 days or more before your arrival you will not be liable for the total balance. For cancellations made within 10 days of arrival or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling you will be liable for the total amount unless we can re-let. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker. Any booking which is to be cancelled will only be deemed cancelled when written confirmation is received by you from us confirming the cancellation.
What should I expect when I visit?
The Applegarth may look a little different to the last time you stayed with us, but we hope it will feel the same. Our team will continue to be the people delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to here at The Applegarth. We want to reassure you that we are putting measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
Upon welcoming you back in July we have made a few operational changes to make you aware of:
• To start off we will be offering a slightly different menu in the evening, this will have classic dishes from our normal dining menu alongside more relaxed choices.
• If you wish to dine at the hotel you must make a reservation, no additional guests will be permitted.
• We will not be able to serve drinks or accept a table reservation at this moment in time at the hotel to non-residents.
Find out more about our commitment to keeping everyone safe whilst they are with us below.
Booking A Room & Arriving
• We will offer flexible rates with amendment policies up to 48hrs before arrival on any new bookings from June onwards.
• We will automatically charge your card on the day of arrival for accommodation and additional reserved products to reduce interaction at check-in.
• We will request you telephone us upon your arrival in the car park. We will provide keys, that have been sanitised.
• We will ask all guests to complete a simple ‘Health Check’ attached to our registration form and confirm the details of their booking.
• We continue to use Innuscience sanitising and disinfectant products throughout the hotel that are proven to be effective against COVID-19.
• All bedroom linen continues to be laundered offsite with a leading commercial provider to both Hotels and the NHS.
• We will reduce the number of soft furnishings in bedrooms where possible.
• We will implement a regular focussed clean across all the high touch point areas in the public areas and guest bedrooms.
• Our Front of House, Housekeeping & Kitchen Team will wear appropriate PPE to protect both our guests and them whilst working on duty as advised by our health and safety advisor.
• We will provide hand sanitiser stations in the public areas of the hotel.
• We will reduce the use of printed material and menu housing throughout the hotel.
• We will provide all Menus online if required alongside single-use copies.
Food & Beverage Changes
• We have removed some of our tables from the restaurant to enable us to have effective distance between diners.
• Breakfast will be available each day as always. We will offer a plated hot breakfast in the restaurant.
• Dinner reservations will have an allotted time.
• We will ask all customers to reserve a table and time slot, in advance, for both Breakfast and Dinner. We will not allow customers who have not booked in advance to dine.
• We will be offering a dinner menu with some casual evening dining options to enable guests staying multiple nights to enjoy a variety of dining.
• Maximum table size of 4 people will be allowed in our restaurant for any service.
• We will not enter or service your bedroom once you have arrived unless you wish. If you are comfortable and would like your towels or linen refreshed, you can request this with reception.
• We will use directional floor markings to guide guests round the hotel safely and where needed, social distancing signage to assist.
• All team members will receive additional training on keeping you and themselves safe. This will be reflected in how they interact with you during your stay.
All procedures and policies will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines. We will try an evolve into the “normal” service as soon as we safely can.
Can I book a table for dinner?
Initially we will be operating with a reduced number of tables in our restaurant, so times and availability maybe limited. We are taking Dinner bookings only in our restaurant for hotel guests from Saturday 4th July. We will not accept walk in bookings, all tables must be reserved in advance.
What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
Hotel bookings can be transferred up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no charge. If you need to amend your booking within 48hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date or provide gift vouchers, however rates may differ between dates. Please ensure you are in good health with no temperature before starting your journey.
Can I come in for just a drink?
Initially we are offering a bar service to your room/ suite or to your table if you are dining with us at the hotel.
WINTER WARMING 3 FOR 2 OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
A non-refundable deposit is required (see below re: rebooking/monetary vouchers)
For stays Sunday-Thursday between 1/11/2020 through to 11/2/2021 excluding 27/12/2020 to 9/1/2021
Bookings are none transferable; any changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and rate differences.
Cannot be made in conjunction with any other offer
Supplements may apply to free 2 course dinner (eg our fell bred steak)
7 days prior to arrival (reduced from 14 days) – Our standard cancellation terms
Covid-19: If you cannot come as a result of a change in government guidelines relating to Covid-19, we will move the booking to another date (any changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and rate differences). If you cannot move your booking to another date, we will convert the monies to an Applegarth Villa monetary voucher so you can come and enjoy your stay at a later date.