Our aim is to make the most important meal of the day a highlight of your stay. Breakfast starts from 8am through to a leisurely 10am. With table service throughout, relax and enjoy Applegarth’s selection of freshly cooked breakfast dishes from local Cumberland sausage to delicious smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which is what 5* guest accommodation is all about.
We encourage our guests to linger with steaming pots of Farrer’s coffee or tea as they pour over the morning paper or plan the day ahead.
On special occasions, why not indulge with a glass of Champagne or Bucks Fizz. After all you are on holiday.
The Villa Breakfast Menu
- Cafetiere of Farrers coffee or decaffeinated
- English Breakfast tea or decaffeinated
- Earl Grey, Peppermint or a selection of fruit teas
- FRUIT JUICES, Orange, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato or Apple
- CEREALS, Cornflakes, Weetabix, Branflakes or Meusli
- Delicious Piping Hot Porridge with a selection of mixed garnishes including syrup, brown sugar, fresh cream or fruit compote
- YOGURT, Natural or with strawberry compote, mango, grapefruit segments, prunes or fresh melon
- Stewed Prunes infused with Earl Grey tea
- Melon served with air dried ham
- TOAST - Granary or White
- APPLEGARTH FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST – Local back bacon, Gold Medal winning "Pinks" Cumberland sausage, black pudding, grilled fresh tomato, cassoulet of Heinz baked beans, saute mushrooms and egg cooked to your liking from Frank Parks free range hens that live just a stone throw away from here.
- EGGS BENEDICT, free range poached egg and Cumberland ham on an English muffin drizzled with hollandaise sauce
- A PROPER BACON SANDWICH served on toast with lots of butter
- VEGETARIAN BREAKFAST –Vegetarian sausage, grilled fresh tomato, cassoulet of Heinz baked beans, saute mushrooms and egg cooked to your liking courtesy of Franks hens
- OMELETTE served with Gruyere cheese and sage
- POACHED EGGS on granary or white toast
- BOILED EGGS and toasted soldiers
- AMERICAN PANCAKES served with Maple syrup
- SCRAMBLED EGGS with smoked salmon
- SMOKED HADDOCK with poached egg served on a bed of wilted spinach
The perfect way to start the day