Things to do in the Lake District
Here are some recommended places to visit and things to do during your stay at Applegarth Villa.
Local Visitor Attractions:
- Brantwood - The home of John Ruskin
- Grizedale Forest Visitor Centre - Forest walks, mountain bike trails and GoApe
- Honister Slate Mine - slate products and via Ferrata
- Levens Hall - Historic house and topiary gardens
- Low Sizergh Barn - Award winning farm shop, tea room and craft gallery
- Muncaster Castle - Historic house, gardens and World Owl Centre
- Rheged Centre - shops, cafe, cinema and exhibitions
- Rydal Mount - Historic home of William Wordsworth
- The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction located in Bowness on Windermere
- Ullswater Steamers - Leisure cruises on Lake Ullswater
- Windermere Lake Cruises - cruises on Lake Windermere
Local Activity Providers:
- Adventure 21 Ltd are a Lake District Adventure activities and Paintball provider.
- Joint Adventures - Activities for families, couples and groups
- Kankku - 4x4 off road adventure
- Mickledore offer a range of Walking Holidays UK including the Coast to Coast path and Hadrians Wall.
- Mountain Goat Tours - driving tours of the Lake District
- River Deep Mountain High - Outdoor activities in the Lake District
- West Lakes Adventure - Lake District activities for groups, families and individuals