Dinner at The Villa
- Strips of smoked pheasant breast, with caramelised pecan nuts, salad leaves with a golden syrup & sherry dressing. G & D
- Game terrine, damson fruit jelly & toasted specialty bread.
- Homemade soup of the day served with fresh bread. G
- Cartmel gravadlax finished with a salsa Verdi dressing. G & D
- Green pimento olives served with specialty bread and, balsamic and olive oil. V
- Seasonal melon served with an orange liquor & grapefruit glaze, topped with sorbet. G, D & V
- Button mushrooms with roasted leeks and fresh herbs, in a mascarpone cream sauce topped with a mozzarella and cheddar crust. G & V
(Available as a main course size with potatoes and vegetables)
- Chorizo & salami slices with sundried tomatoes with a red pepper gazpacho
- Local smoked trout fillet finished with a horseradish remoulade
- Oven baked Scottish salmon steak cooked in dill and Montreal pepper, finished with a lime and Noilly prat glaze.
- Steamed fillet of sea bass served with capers, white wine and hazelnuts.
- Pan-fried fellbred rose veal steak topped with smoked stilton and served rich port and beetroot sauce.
- Griddled chicken breast with a Dijon mustard and calvados cream sauce.
- Grilled pork fillet steak served with a cranberry & Collie wobbles sauce.
- Rustic Lamb steak from the Cumbrian fells, served with a mint, wild flower honey & Marsala jus.
- Cumbria “fell bred” rib-eye or fillet steak served with grilled mushrooms and tomato and a choice of sauce.
Choose from Peppercorn, blue cheese or Diane
Supplements: Rib-eye £6.50 Fillet £8.50
- Sweet potato, red and green lentil polenta cakes, with a sundried tomato and olive tapenade G & V
- Penne pasta, cooked with a sundried tomato, mascarpone, fresh basil, & pimento olive sauce, topped with a cheddar crust. Gluten free pasta available V
- Radicchio, spinach, pine nut and three cheese (mascarpone, parmesan and Smoked brie) risotto, finished with avocado oil. G & V
All main courses are served with a garnish of fresh vegetables & potato of the day
V - Vegetarian
G – Gluten free
D - Dairy free.
- Milk chocolate, white chocolate and cherry brandy cheesecake.
- Coconut crème brulee, served with a coconut and nutmeg biscuit.
- Apple and cinnamon crumble with a thick brandy custard.
- Applegarth sticky toffee pudding drizzled with butterscotch sauce and finished with Windermere ice cream.
- Amaretto pannacotta served with a pear and vanilla compote
- Selection of local cheese – Smoked brie, Eden sunset, Holker smoked stilton, Eden chieftain and Wensleydale with apricots, served with oatmeal biscuits, celery, grapes and walnuts.
- Ice cream selection 3 scoop choose from-
Vanilla, Witherslack damson ripple, Chocolate or Ambleside cookies and cream.
- Selection of sorbet - Raspberry, lemon or pink grapefruit. G & D
All our ice creams and sorbets are from the Windermere ice cream and chocolate company
Tea or coffee served with homemade petit fours £2.50